Jilamara by Cornelia Tipuamantumirri
Artist; Cornelia Tipuamantumirri
Hand Screen Printed Eco Linen
The Melville Island Collection
Artwork Story: Jilamara
- Hand screen printed
- Usage: Soft Furnishings and Upholstery
- Composition: 100% Eco Linen
- Weight: 370gsm
- Printed roll width: 137cm
- Repeat height (Jilamara): 70cm
- Repeat height (Rokini): 80cm
- Abrasion resistance for print colour change: 10,000 cycles, Martingale Method (AS2001.2.25.2-2006)
- Abrasion resistance for print colour change obvious: 20,000 cycles, Martingale Method (AS2001.2.25.2-2006)
- Abrasion resistance for base cloth: 40,000 cycles, Martingale Method (AS2001.2.25.2-2006)
- Colour fastness to light for print (5-7)
- Colour fastness to light for base cloth (5)
Please note that these are hand screen printed fabrics made to order and a 6% colour variation must be allowed between printing runs.
Please allow 4 weeks lead time on ordering meterage.
Postage on sample swatches are free.
Shipping on meterage is calculated based on your shipping address.
The Tiwi people of Bathurst and Melville Island, have a distinct culture and they share a visual language known as jilamara (design) based on the innumerable configurations of mulypinyini pwanga (lines and dots). These designs are individually conceived and may be used in ceremony, body painting and artworks.
Please note that despite our best efforts colourways shown on screen may not render with complete accuracy. Sample swatches are available.