Fish Net - Wild Grape
11cm x 8cm sample
email email@example.com for orders by the meter.
Fish Net by Kieren Karritpul
Artist; Kieren Karritpul
Hand Screen Printed Eco Linen
The Nauiyu Collection
Artwork Story: Fish Net
Colour: Wild Grape
- Hand screen printed
- Usage: Soft Furnishings and Domestic Upholstery
- Composition: 30% Linen, 70% Vicose
- Weight: 530gsm
- Printed roll width: 137cm
- Fabric width: 140cm
- Abrasion resistance for print colour change: 20,000 cycles, Martingale Method (AS2001.2.25.2-2006)
- Abrasion resistance for base cloth: 20,000 - 40,000 cycles, Martingale Method (AS2001.2.25.2-2006)
- Colour fastness to light for print (5-7)
- Colour fastness to light for base cloth (5)
Please note that these are hand screen printed fabrics made to order and a 6% colour variation must be allowed between printing runs.
Please allow 4-6 weeks lead time on ordering meterage.
Shipping on meterage is calculated based on your shipping address.
This design by Kieren Karritpul depicts fish net traditionally used by the old women for collecting and catching fish and turtles from the billabongs and small creeks. The fish net is hand woven by the women from merrepen (sand palm) which is dyed in many colours from the roots, leaves and berries which the ladies collect, then hand spun into string. The fish net can take a long time to weave, making it a vital tool in supplying food and a treasured possession in generations past.
Please note that despite our best efforts colourways shown on screen may not render with complete accuracy. Sample swatches are available.