Over the past three years, NORTH has grown with the support of many experienced hands and generous bright minds. It has very much been a labour of love - existing solely for the impact we see created when Indigenous textiles are celebrated.
As a registered not-for-profit, no single person or investor reaps financial benefits from NORTH’s endeavours. Guiding NORTH’s operations are a board of skilled individuals from various backgrounds - ensuring NORTH function as a financially responsible and grows into a sustainable social enterprise.
As we grow our vision as a social enterprise is to;
- Provide a high-quality offering to the international design market - establishing direct connections to community art centres where appropriate
- Facilitate remote community projects that support development and innovation in textile design and production.
- Operate as a financially responsible social business and grow in revenue and impact so we can broaden the exposure of Indigenous design in innovative ways.
- Grow Indigenous engagement, employment and leadership within NORTH’s core team.
- Establish an internship program for Indigenous young people to develop their skills in business, design & communications